SANJEN JALAVIDHYUT COMPANY LIMITED (SJCL)
Invitation for Bids
For Construction of Housing Facilities
(Date of First Publication: Kartik 21, 2069)
1. Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited (SJCL), a subsidiary company of Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL), intends to utilize its funds to cover the eligible Payments under the Contract for Construction of Housing Facilities for Sanjen Hydroelectric Project (SHEP)). Bidding is open to all eligible Nepalese Bidders who have required experiences as outlined below. The detail qualification requirements are mentioned in the Bidding documents.
2. SHEP invites wax sealed Bids from eligible and qualified Bidders for Construction of Housing Facilities at Thambuchet area of Rasuwa District as mentioned below. The construction period is Five (5) months.
Contract Identification No.
Average Annual Turnover of the
best three years out of last 5 years
SHEP-069/70-Lot No.1: CF-02
Earthworks, Reinforcement works, Concreting works, Stone Masonry works, Woodworks for doors and windows, Sanitary works, Electrical works, painting etc.
Nepalese Rupees Forty (40) million
3. The number of partners in a joint venture shall be limited to two. The share of each partner in the Joint Venture shall not be less than 30%; however, the share of lead partner in the Joint Venture shall be at least 51%.
4. The lead partner shall have work experience of construction of at least two building works each of value exceeding NRs. Twenty-five Lacs (25,00,000/-) in the last five years.
5. The minimum amount of liquid assets and/or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of the successful Bidder shall be Seventy (70) Lacs Nepalese Rupees.
6. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures. Bidding documents may be purchased by eligible bidders from the office of Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited, Lazimpat, Kathmandu upon the submission of a written application up to Mangsir 24, 2069 at the cost of NRs. 5,000 (Nepalese Rupees Five Thousand Only) and the cash should be deposited in Current Account No.: 00200105200209, Everest Bank Limited, New Road, Kathmandu, Nepal.
7. For the purpose of Bidders who choose to submit their Bids electronically through e-procurement section of Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL) through website www.chilime.com.np, the Bidders may either receive the hard copy of Bidding documents or may choose to download the Bidding documents, prepare their Bids and submit their scanned copies of Bank Guarantee or Voucher of cash deposit on our account No. 00200105200209, Everest Bank Limited, New Road, Kathmandu and other bid documents in PDF files in the website www.chilime.com.np.
8. The eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding documents at the office of Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited, Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Tel No. 977-1-4002049, 977-1-4439163, Fax No. 977-1-4443077, email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or may visit the CHPCL website www.chilime.com.np
. Alternatively, Bidders may submit their Bids electronically through the e-procurement section of CHPCL website www.chilime.com.np
9. Bid Application for Contract No.: SHEP-069/70-Lot No. 1: CF-02 must be submitted along with one (1) original set and one (1) duplicate set, having been signed on each page by authorized personnel, in wax sealed envelopes to the address below on or before Mangsir 25, 2069 until 12:00 hrs. (local time). The Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidder’s representatives, who choose to attend, on Mangsir 25, 2069 at 13:00 hrs at the office of SJCL. In case, the last date for purchasing or submission falls on a government holiday, then the next working day shall be considered the last day. Document, which is received after the above deadline, will not be considered and will be returned unopened.
10. Bid must be valid for a period of 90 days from the Bid opening date and must be accompanied by Bid security, amounting to a minimum of NRs. 600,000/-, which shall be valid for 30 days beyond the Bid validity period.
11. If Bidder wishes to submit the Bid Security in the form of cash, the cash should be deposited in Current Account No.: 00200105200209, Everest Bank Limited, New Road, Kathmandu and submit the receipt of the deposited amount of cash along with the Bid.
12. Pre-Bid meeting will be held on Mangsir 11, 2069 at 14:00 hrs at the office of SJCL. All interested Bidders are encouraged to attend the Pre-Bid meeting.
13. If the specified date for pre-Bid meeting, last date of Bid obtaining and submission/opening date falls on a Government holiday then the same time of next working day shall be considered for such events. In such cases the validity of Bid security shall be considered from already specified last date for Bid submission.
14. Bidders are strongly advised to visit the site and assess the actual site conditions before submitting their Bids.
15. Conditional Bids will not be entertained.
17. The SJCL reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the Bids without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Sanjen Hydroelectric Project
Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited
Post Box No. 25210, Kathmandu
Tel. No.: 977-1-4002049 / 4439163
Fax No.: 977-1-4443077