SANJEN JALAVIDHYUT COMPANY LIMITED (SJCL)
Invitation for Bids
Supply, Delivery, Installation/Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Handover of 11kV line
(Date of First Publication: May 09, 2012)
1. Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited (SJCL), a subsidiary company of Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL) intends to utilize its funds to cover the eligible Payments under the Contract for Supply, Delivery, Installation/Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Handover of 11kV line for construction power of Sanjen (Upper) Hydroelectric Project (SUHEP) and Sanjen Hydroelectric Project (SHEP). Bidding is open to all eligible Nepalese Bidders who have required experiences as outlined below. The detail qualification requirements are mentioned in the Bidding documents.
2. SJCL invites sealed Bids from eligible and qualified Bidders for Supply, Delivery, Installation/Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Handover of 11kV line in Chilime VDC of Rasuwa District as mentioned below.
Contract Identification No.
Description of Works
Supply, Delivery, Installation/Erection, Testing Commissioning and Handover of 11kV line
2.5% of quoted Bid amount
3. The number of partners in Joint Venture is limited to three (3). The share of lead partner shall not be less than 51% while those of other partners shall not be less than 10% each.
4. Bidders shall meet the following minimum criteria:
a) Experience of at least 1 (one) distribution line project which includes supply, delivery, installation/erection, line stringing, commissioning, testing and handover of complete project with minimum 10km of 11kV or above distribution lines with minimum contract value of NRs 10 million in a single contract in last 5 years.
b) Average annual Turn-over of NRs. 29 million of best three years within the last five years.
c) Able to demonstrate a working capital of NRs. 17.5 million.
d) In case of JV, the lead partner and each partner shall meet the qualification criteria as mentioned in the Bidding Documents.
5. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures. Bidding documents may be purchased by the eligible bidders from the office of Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited, Das Tower, Lazimpat, Kathmandu during office hours upon the submission of a written application up to June 7, 2012 at the cost of NRs. 5000 (Nepalese Rupees Five Thousand Only) and the cash should be deposited in Current Account No.: 0020110 2200027, Everest Bank Limited, New Road Branch, Kathmandu, Nepal.
6. Eligible Bidders may obtain a complete set of Bid Document from SJCL, Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal during office hours on submission of a written application accompanied by copies of 1) Firm Registration Certificate; 2) VAT Registration Certificate; 3) Income Tax Registration; and 4) Bank Voucher evidencing the deposit of non-refundable cash amount as mentioned in table below above.
7. For the purpose of Bidders who choose to submit their Bids electronically through e-procurement section of Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL) through website www.chilime.com.np, the bidders may either receive the hard copy of Bidding documents or may choose to download the Bidding documents, prepare their Bids and submit their scanned copies of Bank Guarantee or Voucher of cash deposit on our Current Account No.: 0020110 2200027, Everest Bank Limited, New Road Branch, Kathmandu, Nepal and other bid documents in PDF files in the website www.chilime.com.np.
8. The eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding documents at the office of Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited, Das Tower, Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Tel No.: 977-1-4439163, 977-1-4002049, Fax No.: 977-1-4443077, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or may visit the CHPCL website www.chilime.com.np. Alternatively, Bidders may submit their Bids electronically through the e-procurement section of CHPCL website www.chilime.com.np.
9. Bid for Contract ID No.: SJCL/068/069/CP-3 must be submitted along with one (1) original set and one (1) duplicate set, having been signed on each page by authorized personnel, in sealed envelopes to the address below on or before June 8, 2012 until 12:00 hrs. (Local time). The Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidder’s representatives, who choose to attend, on June 8, 2012 at 13:00 hrs. at the office of SJCL. In case, the last date for purchasing or submission falls on a government holiday, then the next working day shall be considered the last day. Document, which is received after the above deadline, shall not be considered and will be returned unopened.
10. Bids must be valid for a period of 90 days counting from the day of Bid opening and must be accompanied by Bid security, amounting to a minimum of 2.5% of the quoted Bid amount (Inclusive of VAT), which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the Bid validity period in favor of SJCL.
11. If the last date of Bid obtaining and submission/opening date falls on a Government holiday then the same time of next working day shall be considered for such events. In such cases the validity of Bid security shall be considered from already specified last date of Bid submission.
12. Bidders are strongly advised to visit the site and assess the actual site conditions before submitting their Bids.
13. Conditional Bids will not be entertained.
14. The SJCL reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the Bids without assigning any reason whatsoever.
15. Amendments, if any, shall be published in CHPCL’s website www.chilime.com.np.
The Project Manager
Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited
Post Box No.: 12667
Das Tower, Lazimpat, Kathmandu